Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Release & Review - Blind Spot by Katana Collins


Title: Blind Spot
Author: Katana Collins
Publication Date: August 8th, 2016
Category/Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Entangled Embrace

I'm used to going for the easy things in life. 
The easy A in school. 

The easy lay in bed. The easy life my trust fund affords me.
Until I met Shelby.
Never in my life have I found retro T-shirts and lip balm so damn sexy.
She's exactly what I never knew I wanted.
And she's anything but easy.
But suddenly, easy is overrated.



Only one damn problem... For Shelby, hating me is easy.



For the first time in my life, I have to work for something. And though
she may not be easy...she'll be worth itI'm used to going for the easy things in life. 
The easy A in school. 
The easy lay in bed. The easy life my trust fund affords me.
Until I met Shelby.
Never in my life have I found retro T-shirts and lip balm so damn sexy.
She's exactly what I never knew I wanted.
And she's anything but easy.
But suddenly, easy is overrated.



Only one damn problem... For Shelby, hating me is easy.



For the first time in my life, I have to work for something. And though
she may not be easy...she'll be worth it


Buy Link: Amazon 

3 “French & Scars” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled.

This book gave me one of those “it’s me, not you” moments, and that’s why I’m not rating it higher.

There’s nothing particularly wrong with it. Nothing I can point out as the reason why I didn’t fall madly in love with it. The writing is solid. The characters have good backstories. The sexy scenes are hot. The drama is there.

Still, I just couldn’t… connect, I guess, which makes this review much harder to write.

So, let’s start with the basics.

The story starts with Shelby, the MC, moving to her new apartment. She’s presented like this hard-working girl who lost her mother, has a scar that is the result of something mysterious and painful to relive, and has two best friends. Shelby’s new building is a place for the sons and daughters of the richest people around, but she managed to save enough money to pay for a tiny apartment there.

In my opinion, she has all traits I’d expect from a good heroine in NA contemporary romance – she’s down to earth, values work and money, has friends and has a past full of pain and drama.

So I did like Shelby. I didn’t connect with her enough to make me fall in love with her, but I didn’t dislike her either.

Then comes Tate, the rich bad-boy who lives on the top floor and throws loud, alcohol-sponsored parties. But there’s more to Tate than meets the eye. He’s the son of a governor, but he isn’t a total jerk living off his trust fund. He has a soft side, and that side comes to play as he gets closer to Shelby.

At first, Shelby tries to stay away from Tate and what he represents, but little by little he wins her over by showing her that he’s the kind of guy she can count on. And that’s exactly what Shelby needs at the moment.

As you can see, you have a little bit of the “hate to love” trope here. It isn’t as strong as I’ve seen in books like Elle Kennedy’s The Deal, but it was enough to make the story interesting in the beginning.

This story also focuses on Shelby dealing with the loss of her mother and with the consequences of a past trauma that prevents her from enjoying sexual activities the way other people her age do. I like how Tate plays into that and helps her get over that. He behaves in a way that shows me her truly cares for the girl. So, yeah, another plus for the story.

Tate also shows his good side when he tutors Shelby in French, a class she’s isn’t doing that great at. This allows them to spend more time together and have some very sexy conversation in French.

Like I said before, the sex scenes were hot, and there was enough chemistry between those two to make this a good NA story.
As you can see from this little review, Blind Spot has all the right elements for a new adult contemporary, so I was a little surprised that I didn’t like it as much as I expected to. And since I can’t really pinpoint what made me feel that way (or not feel the way I wanted), I’m putting this in the “reader’s problem” category.

If you’re into this type of books, I’d advise you to check it and see for yourself if your feelings will mirror mine or if you’ll love Tate and Shelby as much as they love each other.


*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: